Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 3 - Kuna 06/24/13




Family!

The missionary broadcast was AMAZING!  Totally pumped for missionary work after that!  Sister Nickolaisen and I came up with an awesome idea that we're pretty psyched about!  We're planning a mini MTC activity for our Stake where we'll have classes, role play activities, and share testimonies about missionary work.  Our goal is to keep up the excitement that the broadcast has created and invite everyone in attendance at the workshop to bring a non-member/less active friend to an activity in the near future.  We're planning a "hoedown" with country dancing, a barbecue, and side games.  At the end of the activity we'll offer tours our the church building.  Genius right?!  It's just a chance to let everyone get together, friendship one another, and share their beliefs.  It's going to take a lot of work and planning but I haven't been this excited for something in a LONG TIME!

Yes Dad, the broadcast was very informational and greatly needed!  I wish they made it mandatory for EVERYONE to attend/watch!  I can't express how grateful I am that you have been so willing to help the missionaries there at home.  I didn't understand how crucial the wards are to missionary work until I became a missionary myself!  I was watching a segment of The District with Sister Nick during companionship study, and someone said, "Missionaries are there to assist the members."  That's so true!  The members are our most valuable tool in finding new investigators and sharing the gospel!  So please, don't ever be afraid to share the gospel with others.  As long as you're sharing it in the spirit of love, no one will ever be offended by what you are sharing with them.

I recently re-read the last few chapter in Luke, the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.  In chapter 24 it specifically talks about how Jesus comes to the women at the tomb and how they rush to tell the Apostles what they had seen.  In Luke 24:10-12;  "It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.  Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass."

The natural man in all of us will always bring doubt.  It is sometimes hard to have faith in some of the teachings and commandments that God gives us when we don't immediately see the fruits of those labors.  But I want to be just like Peter, who, despite all his doubts, immediately ran to the tomb.  All it takes is a small particle of faith, and I promise you, you will be so blessed, and you will see results and receive answers.

I'm so glad you guys have been getting my letters!  I really wish I could've written more, but I had ZERO time at the MTC.  Here on P-days I get 2 hours of email time instead of 30 minutes!  Hooray!  I'm so glad you are sharing my emails with everyone.  I wish everyone could be here with me experiencing it all too!  Being on a mission is another world in itself.  We still get to have fun, create friendships, and be silly, which is nice but I just love how everything is focused on inviting others to come unto Christ.  One of my favorite messages to share with those we teach is the message of hope.  One that allows us to live with our family forever in a state of never-ending happiness!  How awesome is that?!

I have met so many incredible people here.  I've probably said it before, but everyone is so loving and kind, especially the members!  I feel so welcomed, I don't ever want to leave Kuna!

We're having dinner with an investigator tonight and our discussion will be on the commandments.  This lady is so wonderful and really has a love for the gospel.  She has been doing everything right and coming to church regularly, if she wanted to, she could be baptized tonight!  But of course, nothing could be that easy!  Hopefully we can help her work through the last few things that are holding her back.  She lives with her mother and niece who is six years old.  As you can imagine, the six year old and I are the best of friends, especially since she thinks I look like an actress on her favorite Disney Channel show.

We work with a lot of less active families and over age youth.  It's been interesting to see how different missionary work is from what my expectations were.  How strange it is to hear missionaries say they've never been tracting while serving their missions, when it seems tracting is what I understood to be the epitome of missionary work!

Okay, I just need to talk about my companion, Sister Nickolaisen, she is just SO AMAZING!!  I love her!  We get along so well, she is one of my best friends!  I hope I get to be with her for a few transfers, but who knows with all the new sisters coming in.  She has only been out six weeks and is already training me.  I do feel so blessed to have a companion that is so wonderful and helps mee feel the spirit in preparing for investigators.

Mom, thank you so much for sending me packages and letters they always brighten my day!  Thank you for always being such a great example to me and being so firm in the gospel.  I use you a lot when giving examples of faith in my lessons to investigators.  I really do feel so blessed to have such an amazing family.  Thank you for all of the love and support you have given me.

I know this gospel is true.  My testimony of that grows every day.  As long as you are trying your best and moving forward with faith, the Lord will bless you.  I encourage you all to read the Book of Mormon again as a family.  I know it can be difficult with schedules, just take what time you can and seek His councils through the scriptures.  Families are such an important part of this gospel.

Love you all!

Sister Taylor